Wonga has been operating in South Africa for a good number of years and although they did see their peak in 2012/2013, they still continue to be one of the favorite short term loan providers in South Africa.
Wonga South Africa first opened their doors in 2012 and over the last 5 years have grown to company that provides loans to consumers on a short-term basis.
So how to you go about applying for a loan with Wonga?
1. First of all, you need to browse to their website, which is located at www.wonga.co.za
2. Secondly, you can then determine how much you want to borrow, by using their sliders and then also determining how long you will take to repay the loan.
3. This will enable the system to calculate how much you need to repay in total.
4. Once you have settled on how much you want to borrow, you then apply and go through the application process, which you will need to enter your personal details.
5. What you will to have to apply for a loan will be:
So, what 4 things do you need in order to apply with Wonga?
– SA ID Book
– Cell number
– Bank account details
– 3 month Payslips.
How much can I borrow from Wonga?
Wonga in the recently years updated their first-time lender profile and increased it from R2500 to R3000 for first-time users. Once you have an account with them, you can apply for as much as R8000.
What is the maximum repayment term they offer?
You can repay the loan anywhere from 4-39 days, depending on when you will be able to repay the full amount. Please keep in mind that the longer you take to repay the loan, the more interest will be charged to your account.
– Min amount that you can borrow: R100
– Max amount you can borrow: R3000 (For first-time users)
– Min amount of days to repay the loan: 4 days
– Max amount of days to repay the loan: 39 days
– How long before you receive your money: Usually within 24 hours
– Citizenship: Need to be South African citizen
– Employment: Need to be full-time employed
– Age: Need to be 18 years and older.
So how do I contact Wonga?
Well you can send them an email via their website or give them a call on 0861 966 421.